When an emergency poses a potential threat to life and safety, the college will issue timely warnings (Clery reportable crimes) and/or emergency notifications to students and employees. The college’s main website at www.spcollege.edu is the official source of college information regarding the status of the institution. You will also find emergency alerts on this blog.
In an emergency, the college calls your home phone number as your primary contact by default. To add your cell phone as the primary contact, verify your home number, and sign up to receive text messages for alerts, follow these steps:
- Sign into the Student Login page and go to MySPC.
- Look for the Profile tile at the bottom and click.
- From the side navigation, check your Contact Details tab to add or update your home and/or cell number.
- Choose your preferred contact number by selecting the appropriate checkbox and Save.
- From the Emergency Notifications tab, add or edit your cell phone number to receive Emergency Notifications on your phone.
- Choose Yes on the sliders for Contact by Cell Phone and/or Contact by Text Message.
- Text YES to 68453 from your mobile device to receive text alerts.
- Sign into the Staff+Faculty Login page and go to MySPC.
- Look under Self Service and choose Personal Information.
- Go to Phone Numbers to update your home and/or cell number and choose your preferred contact number.
- On the Emergency Cell/Text Options page, you can verify how you’d like to receive alerts.
- If you chose to receive text alerts, you’ll need to text YES to 68453 from your mobile device to complete your request.
To opt-out of receiving text messages, send a text to 68453 and indicate stop, quit or unsubscribe.
NOTE: Standard messaging and data rates may apply. Check your provider’s text-messaging or data plan.
Important Contact Information
- Message on SPC’s toll free number: 866-822-3978
- Collegewide Security: 727-791-2560
- Life-threatening emergency: 911
SPC officials communicate important information to faculty, staff, and students through the following:
- College home page
- Phone messages
- Text messages
- Employee and student e-mail
- Recorded message on our toll-free number: 866-822-3978
- SPC television station
- Pop-up messages on employee computers
- Broadcast speakers
- Fire alarms
- Local media outlets
For questions on Emergency Management at SPC, please call or e-mail Emergency Management Coordinator Bill Grey at 727-341-4501.